This is the first in a series of self-paced online short courses in which you will learn more about teaching Maths in a more visual and practical way using manipulatives and virtual manipulatives.
During this course, you will learn the following:
- The basic methods of utilising manipulatives, whether you teach face-to-face or online
- A whistle-stop tour of the most frequently used manipulatives and where to find them
- Pros and cons of using various manipulatives
- How to blend your delivery methods between face-to-face, on a camera, in an app, or pasted and tailored to your needs in BitPaper.
- A variety of manipulatives to teach at 3 different levels of mathematical concepts.
- Basic numbers sense, middle or higher level.
- So regardless of what age range you teach, there are suitable manipulatives to help bring the maths to life and enable all children to learn.
Using manipulatives helps all children, not just those who struggle.
Bringing maths concepts to life away from just the abstract enables all children to engage and learn, removing barriers that prevent them from learning.
The course combines prerecorded videos, information, and tasks to help you understand how to implement the ideas.
Using manipulatives helps you to teach Neurodiverse pupils, especially those with Dyscalculia, in a kinder and more effective and suitable way.
Join me in my mission
‘To transform the educational community by removing existing barriers to enable ALL children to learn.’
This course is at a price of £49 and includes:
- Over 45 minutes of helpful and insightful video content which will enable you to implement strategies straight away with your pupils
- 5 sets of tasks to practice using manipulatives to fit your business and your pupils
- The three methods of delivery – real, virtual apps and Bitpaper
- Basic Maths ideas
- Mid-range techniques
- Techniques for more advanced learners
- Final ideas
This training course is for you if:
✔️ You have little to no previous experience teaching either in the classroom, tutoring in person or online using manipulatives and the CPA method of practical and visual methods.
❌ This course is not for you if you have been teaching/tutoring extensively using manipulatives or picturals already. This is only an introductory course.
❌ This course is not for you if you have taken level 3 or 5 training in Dyscalculia. This is only an introductory course.
❔This course may still be suitable for you if, whilst you have taught in the classroom with CPA schemes of work such as White Rose Maths, you are unsure how to continue to use manipulatives in a tuition setting, particularly online.
✔️ You are committed to improving your knowledge and skills.
✔️ You are interested in finding out more about helping support struggling learners who don’t fit the norm.
✔️ You are proactive and want to be able to take actionable steps and strategies to start to help your pupils straight away.
✔️ You want to be able to learn at your own pace in a modular online course.
✔️ You may wish to participate in some live online training.
✔️ You would prefer to be trained by someone who is actually Neurodiverse themself and also has first-hand experience with Maths Anxiety.