A warm welcome from Judy Brice, Founder of Jackpot Maths.
During this course, you will learn:
- The basic methods of utilising manipulatives, whether you teach face to face or online
- A whistle-stop tour of the most frequently used manipulatives and where to find them
- Pros and cons of using various manipulatives
- How to blend your delivery methods between face to face, on a camera, in an app, or pasted and tailored to your needs in BitPaper.
- A variety of manipulatives to teach at 3 different levels of mathematical concepts.
- Basic numbers sense, middle or higher level.
- So regardless of what age range you teach, there are suitable manipulatives to help bring the maths to life and enable all children to learn.
The course combines prerecorded videos, information, and tasks to help you understand how to implement the ideas.
If you only teach older and more competent pupils, you will need to focus on the higher level manipulatives; however, do still make yourself familiar with the lower level tools for when you need to use them with a pupil who has a gap that needs filling.
Hopefully, this course will inspire you to use resources more often.